In a fast moving multimedia world a Communication audit ensures our communication is effective and clear.
The key elements of a Communication audit are:
- Clarifying your audience (internal and external)
- what they know about your business, service, product or organisation?
- what they want (and need) to know?
- are your vision and mission clear and congruently delivered?
- what form of communication they want (email, SMS, face to face, social media)
- How communications were handled in the past
- Strengths and weakness in your communications programmes
- Opportunities for improved communications (Technology and face to face)
- Clarify your current goals and objectives for communication
- How are your current Communication plans working?
- Are your messages clear and consistent?
- Do you have a coordinated brand identity?
- Are your messages clear and moving the relevant people to action?
- What communications have been most effective?
- What do (internal and external) customers think of your communications?
- Are your communications congruent with your strategic plans?
- What would make your communications more effective in the future?
- What opportunities are you missing?
A Communication audit shows areas of strength and areas to improve.
A Communication audit involves one-on-one interviews explore the following areas:
- Their understanding of the purpose of employee communications
- How they envisage ideal communication
- What they expect each employee to know about the organisation
- Communications strengths and weaknesses (including in the media)
- What they feel team members need/want to know about
The Communication examination process uses interviews that can be conducted in-person or over the phone and normally last from 30-40 minutes.
Contact us today for a Communication audit to ensure your organisation is effective and clear.
Change Communication and Employee Engagement specialist at One Clear Message Consulting
Richard specialises in helping you build real human communication skills. Employee Engagement / Experience, Emotional Intelligence skills, building high performance teams and a great place you want to work. TED style speaking and presentation skills. Training, consulting and coaching.
Latest posts by Richard Riche (see all)
- Harnessing the power of psychological safety at work - 2 January 2019
- 5 keys to creating sustainable continuous improvement - 19 November 2018
- Using organisational voice to support Change Communication - 28 September 2018