Communication tips for Conflict Resolution
Conflict can be an opportunity to build relationships … or lead to the demise of them.
Avoid the Conflict Don’ts and find solutions which build and provide solutions. Beware the The 4 Relationship poisons.
Communication tips to help manage and build your relationships in the face of conflict.
Summary of Key points:
See as Opportunity, Clarify meaning, Remember to Use effective feedback (3-2-1), Reverse But’s, 100/1%, Humour, Shift perspective to engage your listener and find creative solutions
References for further study:
* J. Gottman: The Seven Principles
* C. Dweck: Mindset
* S. Achor: The Happiness Advantage
* M. Goulston: Just Listen
* K. Patterson: Crucial confrontations
Presentation – April 2011 Slideshare: Communication conflict solutions TM Conference
Communication in Conflict Resolution
Latest posts by Richard Riche (see all)
- Harnessing the power of psychological safety at work - 2 January 2019
- 5 keys to creating sustainable continuous improvement - 19 November 2018
- Using organisational voice to support Change Communication - 28 September 2018